All are welcome at our Sunday service at 10:00 am located at 49 Queen St. North, Kitchener, ON. A warm, uplifting and re-affirming experience awaits you featuring music, song, and messages for adults and children alike. Worship at St. Peter’s is crafted to be EPIC (Experiential, Participatory, Image-rich, and Connecting).
What to Expect During a Service
- Our worship includes instrumental music on an organ and piano supplemented by other instruments.
- Our choir sings inspirational music in a variety of styles.
- You are invited to sing from a hymnal during some songs. Just ask someone next to you if you can’t find the right page.
- We take communion most Sundays. All are welcome at God’s table.
- An offering will be taken, you are welcome to contribute but not expected to.
Common themes in our liturgical service include:
- Celebration that anticipates the transformative power of God.
- Thanksgiving and assurance that leads to a deeper awareness of who God is and what God is doing.
- Insight and discovery leading to discernment of one’s own call into mission and ministry.
- Integration of all personal missions of the church into one body of Christ.
- Awakening to destiny and coaching ways of discipleship.
- Profound sense of self-worth and purpose overflows into a commitment of generosity.
- Joyful discontent motivates people to leave the service intent on sharing faith and new life in the wider community.
Join us before the service for refreshments and conversation.
Sunday Morning Learning
Children are precious to us! During the service, children from toddlers to grade 6 will be escorted to bright, colourful classrooms on the second floor and supervised by caring teachers. The Sunday School Team will captivate your child’s heart and imagination as they present God’s Word in fun and innovative ways.
There is parking available for approximately 30 cars in St. Peter’s parking garage located at the front right-hand side of the church on Queen Street. Please honour the signed reserved spaces for the pastors (24/7). There is also a 5-car designated wheelchair parking area on the north side (Weber Street side) of the church building directly off of Queen Street that accesses directly into the church narthex (foyer). Downtown parking is free on Sundays in the City along the streets and in the following parking areas: the parking lot off of Queen Street between Duke & King Streets, the Duke & Ontario Streets Parking Garage, and the Market Square Parking Garage (first 2 hours are free). Details of downtown parking.
Noon Hour Pause
Sometimes it can be hard to think.
Sometimes it can be challenging to find refreshment for our souls.
Sometimes it can be challenging to recharge.
It is a privilege and a pleasure to invite and welcome you to these Noon Hour Pauses in the heart of downtown Kitchener that will feature mini-recitals, brief worship services, and lunches. Come for any or all parts.
We pray that these moments of music, worship, and nourishment will bring to you God’s grace and peace. Bring along a friend and join us for the journey.
Watch Our Service on TV
St. Peter’s Worship services can now be seen across Canada on Bell Satellite Channel 584 on the second and fourth Sunday of the month at 10:00 am Eastern Time.
The broadcasting of St. Peter’s worship service on CTV Southwestern Ontario has been a vital part of the witness ministry at St. Peter’s for more than 50 years.
It all began initially with the televising of a Christmas Eve service in the late fifties. Shortly after in 1961, the service was regularly broadcast on the second and fourth Sunday of each month with neighbouring St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, broadcasting on the first and third Sundays. Since that first broadcast more than 1,200 Lutheran services of worship have been televised across the CTV viewing area of South-western Ontario.
The television ministry is one way in which the St. Peter’s community witnesses it’s faith and proclaims the Gospel – the good news of God’s love, forgiveness and salvation. It also provides a means for all who are home-bound and recuperating from an illness to join in worship with a faith community. A growing number of viewers are also worshipping with us as they vacation at a cottage, campground or resort in the viewing area.
If you wish to financially support the television ministry or if you wish to receive a copy of the weekly worship bulletin please contact us at: